Klauber & Klauber, LLP

1500 Allaire Avenue, Suite 101 Ocean Township NJ 07712-7603 U.S.A. View Map
  • Phone:732-663-1500
  • Fax:732-663-1501
  • Email Us

Contact Us

Contact Us

* required

  1. *
  2. *
  4. *
  5. *

Family Law

Overview of Malpractice Actions Against Child Welfare Agencies or Caseworkers
There are major problems with respect to the way in which child welfare agencies and caseworkers operate in the child welfare system. The agency or caseworker may neglect the child, not provide adequate avenues for the child, or may even in extreme cases lose the child in the welfare system. There has been a large increase of malpractice actions filed by children and their parents against both agencies and caseworkers. More...
International Adoption - Home Study
United States immigration laws require prospective parents to undergo a "home study" before they can adopt a child from a foreign country. A home study is an investigation into the prospective parents' fitness to raise an adopted child. A home study is conducted by an individual or agency that is licensed by the prospective parents' home state. More...
Termination of Spousal Support
Spousal support is defined as a court-ordered obligation to provide support to a former spouse. Spousal support was formerly called alimony in most states. Once a decree of divorce enters, an obligation to pay spousal support will terminate as provided in the parties' support agreement or the court's order. More...
Adoption and Safe Families Act - Permanency Plans and Hearings
The Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA) requires states to conduct a permanency hearing within 12 months of a child's placement in foster care and at least every 12 months thereafter for as long as the child is in foster care. The date of the child's placement in foster care is the earlier of the following two dates: the date of the first judicial finding that the child is abused or neglected, or 60 days after the removal of the child from his or her home. More...
Gifts in Contemplation of Marriage
What if a marriage between two parties never takes place? Is the donor or the giver of the gift permitted to recover the premarital gift given to the recipient, his or her future spouse? Whether or not the donor is entitled to recover the premarital gift depends upon the circumstances. If the gift was conditioned on the marriage, either explicitly or implicitly, then the donor may recover the gift depending upon the facts in the case. More...

This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Klauber & Klauber, LLP website is powered by LexisNexis® Martindale-Hubbell®. || Sitemap